Our mission is to contribute towards achieving peace and development in Sudan generally and the war-torn and volatile areas in particular , regardless of their ethnic , cultural , political or religious background, through dissemination of information to the target groups and implementation of programs such as mine Action, Victims Assistance (VA), HIV/AIDS, Peace Building , DDR, Violence Against Women …..etc.
FPDO is committed to the values of learning, from its own experience and that of others, extending the span of participation and voluntary work and observing the values of equity transparency, and accountability in all activities.
Friends of Peace and Development Organization (FPDO) are a Sudanese voluntary non-governmental organization (NGO), non- Profit, concerned with promotion of peace, development and mine action. The organization commenced its activities on 19th, March, 2003.
1. Propagation of peace culture based on peaceful co-existence, equality and unity among all Sudanese.
2. Help in building a healthy society that lives in peace and freedom
3. Work towards building and developing the society socially and economically.
4. Assist people with disabilities related to war victims, by working jointly towards building their capacity and confidence in civil society.
5. Fight against mines through; data collection, detection, mine awareness, demining, victim assistance and rehabilitation of the displaced. In addition to taking
6. part in monitoring adherence to Ottawa Agreement with regards to transport, storage and demolition of mines.
7. Work towards development and rehabilitation of less developed areas, such as discovering new water resources, establishing health facilities and fighting HIV/AIDS.
Copyright © 2012 Friends of Peace and development OrganizationAll Rights Reserved.